Saturday, April 26, 2014

STORM ANNUAL CONFERENCE AT THE WANDSWORTH CIVIC SUITE LONDON

What an amazing day !
Most inspiring .

I was invited by MARIE HANSON (CEO of S.T.O.R.M. ) to be a main speaker at this event alongside

Cllr Nicola Nardelli
Tina Renton
Sarbjit Kaur Athwal
Sherica Spence

Huge thank you to Claire Jackson for organizing my transport, without that I would  not have been able to attend.

Marie Hanson has made a huge impact with S.T.O.R.M. check out the achievements here:-

 http://stormempowerment.com/videos/

They are also in need of donations and volunteers

I was presented with this ''WOMEN OF POWER AWARD 2014  ''





This was a huge hug of gratitude and recognition for what I do silently.
You see,  to me, saving lives is imperative and whilst I am still here I shall continue to do just that.

The government are not helping our cause by making huge cutbacks in the places where money is most needed.

I am constantly raising awareness everywhere I go.
Jahmene Douglas is my eldest son 'Youth Ambassador for Womens Aid '
 He will be going round the schools this year with a package to help children get through their emotions of living with domestic violence. It will explain where to go for help and outline the rights and wrongs of relationships. What is acceptable and what is not acceptable.
The government pulled the funding on this project  So we stepped in to get it done !!
Jahmene will obviously be doing it for free.

I am still raising money for womens aid as they are actually not funded by the government , unlike other large charities. So everything they do is through donations. It is becoming a struggle to keep refuges open ...which is life saving !
Also small local groups of aid, guidance and support have closed !!
I have raised my set target on this site below and was informed that the electricity bill for their office needed paying and this covered that just in time.

http://www.everyclick.com/mandy-thomas/info

The money donated through my site goes directly to  womens aid.
Daily, money is needed for a whole range of things.You can go on the main site to keep updated

womens aid main site





No comments: