Thursday, September 14, 2017

HAVING THE RIGHT TO VOTE AS A VICTIM


Ministers have confirmed they will press ahead with plans to make it easier for domestic abuse survivors to register to vote anonymously.







https://www.gov.uk/government/news/domestic-abuse-survivors-given-a-voice-to-vote




Under existing legislation, domestic abuse survivors must provide a court order or have their application supported by a senior independent witness, such as a police superintendent, in order to appear anonymously on the electoral register.
These strict requirements have deterred many from registering at all – prompting a campaign by charities and survivors to make it more accessible.
The government’s changes will increase the number of people who can act as witnesses, including medical and healthcare professionals and refuge workers, and expand the type of evidence which can be put forward.
Chris Skidmore, Minister for the Constitution, said:
Ensuring every eligible person is able to vote is a matter of social justice. Every voice matters and this government will continue to encourage our record levels of democratic participation by ensuring we have a democracy that works for everyone.

3 comments:

msrosy45 said...

My mother and I were abuse physically by my father for many many years. I stood up to him at 17 I was 6 when it started. I found my mother sliding down the wall with his hands around her neck. I hit him with the poker till he stopped and was bleeding. She was alive and I called the police. They came to the door and my father told them to F off so they did. When I called and asked why. They said it’s a domestic family afair they had no rights to interfere this was 1963. At 23 I left home and threatened him that if ever he touched her again I would go to prison for him. He then broke both her ankles and her ribs she then divorced him and given a bed sit flat. But then was so scared to live there she moved in with me. For 7 years. When she died at 85 in 2006 she said that the last 20 years of her life were the best. I never saw him again. I was to afraid of wheat I would do to him. As a nurse I didnt want to waste anymore of my life for him. He died in 2010. I was relieved he suffered and awful death with dementia. And neumocoliosis.

Madonaldo said...

My wife and I separated Last year September, I will agree I wasn't true to myself and her. But i did all I could let her have a good life I did put all my energy into our little family as we have 2 beautiful kids.because I worked As a waiter she didn't really like that for a career, she thought i didn't want to do well in my life. last year as the harsh finance situation hit as we've been suffering with our finance for a while she decided to end our marriage. which i was very devastated!! to lose the love of my life, but a month after separation i went to France for 10days to clear my head. when i got back she wanted me back but she didn't want romantic side of it a month after xmas she told me again that she cant do it anymore as our finance was at lowest. then we made a decision to end it to sort our lives out...but my prayer everyday for her to realize that i am not a loser all i wanted is to do what i could to put food on the table and roof over their head. since the second separation i am qualified football coach and fitness instructor and doing more toward my career but I don't want to get into a relationship with another woman when my wife and I suffered all of this years when my career takes of shes not there to enjoy it with me..I really want her back in my life so i contacted this spell caster Dr Abalaka who now help me to bring her back, we now have a happy family together with my wife. If you want his help you reach him via email at dr.abalaka@outlook.com you are well come!

Paula said...

I was put in hospital on 16th sept domestic violence haven't been intouch rang me once asking for feed back I'm in temporary accommodation living 8 to 9 miles away from my friends and family don't know anyone where I am